In-Home Fire Safety for the Milwaukee Area
Fall is quickly approaching! That means all of the fall activities are about to begin in Milwaukee, if they haven’t already! One popular item associated with the fall season is the candle. If a house smells like fall, it feels like home. SERVPRO of Milwaukee North knows that candle fires happen and even though candles are small, the damage of a residential fire by a candle can turn out to be larger than expected.
Here are some candle fire safety tips for the Milwaukee area:
- When lighting a candle in the home, keep the candle at least twelve inches away from anything that can burn
- Try to avoid keeping a lit candle in bedrooms, bathrooms or sleeping areas
- Do not leave a lit candle where a child or family pet can access or reach it
One more important candle safety tip will tie to one of the above tips about not leaving a lit candle in the bathroom. When cleaning a bathroom using aerosol chemicals, this becomes extremely dangerous if there is a lit candle nearby. Aerosols are highly flammable and this can cause an explosion of sorts – please practice safety first and share this tip with friends and family who may not be aware of it.
If a Milwaukee home catches fire for any reason, including a candle, please call the trained professionals at SERVPRO of Milwaukee North so we can help clean up the fire mess and damage.