Christmas Tree Fire Safety Tips
Christmas is around the corner, and you know what that means: fire safety. Each year, fire departments respond to an average of 210 structure fires caused by Christmas trees. Carefully decorating Christmas trees will make the holidays safer.
Here are some great Fire Prevention tips:
- Choose a tree with fresh, green needles that do not fall off when touched.
- Make sure the tree is at least three feet away from any heat source, such as fireplaces, radiators, candles, heat vents or lights.
- Make sure the tree is not blocking an exit.
- Add water to the tree stand daily.
- Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use, but not both make sure you choose the right ones.
- Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections.
- Always turn off Christmas tree lights before leaving home or going to bed.
- Get rid of the tree when it begins dropping needles. Dried-out trees are a fire danger and should not be left in the home or garage, or placed outside against the home.
There are so many other ways to prevent fire, around Christmas time, but these are a few of the common mistakes. We hope that you do not ever experience a fire.
We know how devastating fire damage can be, but we are here to help! Call SERVPRO of Milwaukee North (262)250-1101 to help get your home restored efficiently.