Prevention is Key to Avoid Frozen Pipes in Milwaukee Area Homes
Cold weather is great for winter fun in the Milwaukee area, but not so great for the pipes. SERVPRO of Milwaukee North will remediate water damage “Like it never even happened”, but life is better if you can prevent the damage in the first place. Every year, over a quarter of a million homes and businesses suffer water damage from frozen pipes that burst (Federal Emergency Management Association). SERVPRO of Milwaukee North is sharing these tips to prevent frozen pipes that may lead to water damage.
Keeping Pipes from Freezing in Wisconsin:
• Check for exposed pipes, especially in unheated areas
• Wrap uninsulated pipes with pipe insulation
• Add insulation to attics, basements, and crawl spaces to keep cold drafts from freezing the pipes
• Keep indoor temperatures at 55 degrees F, even when no one will be at home or in the office
• If you will have several days of temperatures at or below 20 degrees F, let cold water trickle through an open tap
• Remove outside hoses from their taps
• Open cabinet doors in bathrooms and kitchens to let warmer area circulate around the pipes
SERVPRO of Milwaukee North wishes you a winter free from water damage or storm damage.